This latest meetup is once again on the general topic of “Microservices” – the most popular subject, based on the votes, during the last poll.
Talks will include:
- Intro to microservices with a Container-First Framework – George Andrianakis
- Tools and practices for microservice monitoring – Ioannis Sermetziadis
- remaining talk titles will appear here soon_
But… What are microservices?
according to microservices.io:
Microservices structure an application as a collection of services that are:
- Highly maintainable and testable
- Loosely coupled
- Independently deployable
- Organized around business capabilities
or according to another definition:
Microservices are an architectural approach to building applications. What sets a microservices architecture apart from more traditional, monolithic approaches, is how it breaks down an app into its core functions. Each function is called a service, and can be built and deployed independently, meaning individual services can function (and fail) without negatively affecting the others.
This meetup aims to bring together in the same space everyone who has an interest / experience working with microservices, so if that is you, chances are you’ll find your peers there. An excellent opportunity to find others to discuss your burning questions!
- Venue sponsors, Pancretan Cooperative Bank
- Catering sponsors Enartia